1. Research Tools Weblink
Welcome to the Department of Surgery Research Tools Weblink
Please use this link to find tools to surgery books, library guides and services, journal and grant writing resources, & other important links. Some examples of the valuable resources that you will find at this link include:
- Electronic books: Operative Surgery Manual; ACS Surgery: Principles & Practice; E-Hand.com the Electronic Textbook of Hand Surgery; Sabiston Textbook of Surgery; Schwartz's Principles of Surgery.
- Access Surgery includes 17 McGraw titles in Surgery.
- Unique search engine to find upcoming surgery conferences.
- The "Writing Aids" page has links to the UofL Writing Center, style guides, instructions to authors, and subpage on "Grant Resources."
- The "Other Aids" page is a drop-down box that reveals pages about medical calculators, statistical information, normal values, laboratory tests, patient education, and clinical trials.
- The "Evidence-Based Practice" page has links to EBP tools, portals, tutorials, and more.
- The "Clinical Guidelines" page has links to guidelines from professional societies and government agencies.
We are continuing to update this link, so please email any suggestions for updates or modifications to email@example.com. Thank you.