University of Louisville
School of Medicine
- Gross Family Memorial Lectureship
- Dr. Alicia Short Residency Fund in Pharmacy and Surgical Critical Care
- Hiram C. Polk, Jr., M.D., Chair in Surgery
- Alvin B. Ortner Endowed Scholarship in Vascular Surgery Fund
- CM & MB Bernhard Chair in Colorectal Surgery
- Dr. A. Arnold Griswold Lectureship in Surgery Fund
- Hiram C. Polk, Jr., M.D., Surgery Endowment Fund
- Dr. William L. Brohm Endowed Memorial Fund
- Harold E. Kleinert and Joseph E. Kutz Visiting Professorship
- Hiram C. Polk, Jr. Scholarship Fund
- Hugh C. Williams Traveling Scholarship Fund
- Lily Banerjee Endowed Research Fund in Department of Surgery
- Morgan Williams Surgery Prize Fund
- Phil Harbrecht, M.D. Vascular Surgery Fund
- Price Memorial Endowment Fund
- Price Trust Fund
- Surgical Resident Research Fund
- Thomas A. Ferguson, M.D., Memorial Fund
- Norton G. Waterman and Berel Abrams Resident Award
- William H. & Norma Perkins Hagan Surgical Research Fund
ENDOWED PROFESSORSHIPS AND CHAIRS
Ben A. Reid, Sr., Professor of Surgery
Established through contributions from more than 90 friends and alumni and principal benefactor, Ben A. Reid, Sr. The first occupant of the professorship was Hiram C. Polk, Jr., M.D. It is now held by Kelly M. McMasters, M.D., Ph.D.
Kenneth F. Von Roenn, M.D., Family Chair in Surgical Endocrinology
This chair was created through the estate of Dr. Kenneth F. Von Roenn. The professorship is held by Amy Quillo, M.D.
Samuel D. and Lolita S. Weakley Endowed Chair in Surgical Oncology
Drs. Sam and Lita Weakley endowed this chair to provide resources to attract a world-class cancer surgeon to U of L. The chair is held by Robert C.G. Martin, II, M.D., Ph.D.
Jewish Hospital Distinguished Chair in Transplantation Research
Jewish Hospital Foundation established this chair along with a gift matched by the state's Research Challenge Trust Fund. The professorship is held by Suzanne T. Ildstad, M.D.
Leonard J. Weiner Endowed Professor in Plastic and Reconstructive
This endowment was provided by contributions from Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery alumni and a matching gift from Jewish Hospital Foundation. This professorship is held by Bradon Wilhelmi, M.D., Chief of the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Program Director for the Plastic Surgery residency program.
Hiram C. Polk, Jr., M.D., and Mrs. Lily Banerjee Chair in Surgery
Established through contributions from more than 80 alumni and friends and Dr. Timir Banerjee. Chair is held by Jason Smith, M.D., Ph.D, Professor and Director, Division of General Surgery.
Berel L. Abrams, M.D. Endowed Chair in Surgery
This endowment was established through contributions by Kenny Abrams, the Hiram C. Polk, Jr., M.D. Department of Surgery and the University of Louisville.